orchid

orchid

Friday, January 9, 2009

What a day

Flipping heck!  What a day so far and it is only eleven thirty.  Had sardines on toast for breakfast, saw Terry off to work and opened the curtains.  The sun came out and the day was flooded with brilliant sunshine.  I was happy for about ten seconds before I noticed the net curtains needed washing.  Thank you sunshine.  There was no way I could fetch the enormous step ladder down from the attic, so I decided to take an alternate method of curtain removal.  In comes the sturdy kitchen chair.  Nope, nowhere near high enough.  I have arthritis in both knees and hips, so chair clambering really hurts but I had the bit between my teeth, by now.  I got my mop, re climbed the chair and attempted to dislodge the curtains with the end of it.  Twenty attempts later and I am crying with rage and frustration.  Try to get off chair and twist hip, fall, smash into stool, terrify cats, bark my shin and collapse in a rage filled, gibbering heap.  Drink two coffees, smoke two cigarettes (tut tut ) and get back on chair armed with new determination.  I know it sounds easy but I am only 5foot 2 inches and the windows are very long.  Anyway, I eventually succeeded and put the blasted things to wash.  You guessed it; I had run out of washing tablets!!  Went to shop, put wash on and sat at desk to see how my friends on spaces are doing.  CANNOT GET ON SPACES!  Not the best of days and it is only a third through. smile_angry

No comments:

Post a Comment