orchid

orchid

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Chain Reaction

Picture the scene.  Terry and I relaxing after dinner; me on the sofa, Terry on his chair with Porter on his lap and Finn curled up at Terry’s slippered feet.  Terry rises to make a hot drink and carefully lifts Porter and puts him on the chair.  Then he STANDS on Finns tail who leaps up with a scream.  Porter hears this and takes flight, through the plants on the small table, crushing them.  This frightens him more and he flies through the air and one full stone of lard, fur and claws land flat on my face.  I scream and the now deranged cat leaps from my face leaving a gory river of blood oozing down my face.  Yes, it hurts.  Yes, it looks unsightly.  I feel the lesson of this tale is don’t overfeed your cat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment