Thursday, January 8, 2009


When I was a young girl my siblings and I played a game called hunt the object.  One day, the object in question was a small, shiny, metal button.  I spent a long time choosing my hiding place and with much careful deliberation, I chose an empty light socket.  I dragged a chair across the hall, climbed upon it and inserted the button!  BANG…I was thrown across the hall with great force as I was given a huge electric charge.  I was knocked out for a few moments and everybody ran to see what the commotion was.  I was far too embarrassed to explain and said I had fallen from the chair.  To this day, I have a morbid fear of anything electric and even tremble a little, switching on a lamp.smile_embaressed

No comments:

Post a Comment