orchid

orchid

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ain’t technology grand

I am writing this whilst watching Crufts and recording the Show simultaneously.  How is this possible?  I am watching Crufts on a small viewer on Firefox and downloading it with Real Player.  I have the window reduced so I can either use my desktop or explorer.  Ain’t technology grand.  Terry is taking Wendell for his hike today, because I am glued to my desk, in case anything goes wrong.

The sun is shining brightly today.  New neighbours have moved in.   Not the side that has been boarded up but the other.  They are French which makes a change from the Polish that have flooded Margate.  I hope they are clean and quiet. 

Learning to live on a pittance is proving an interesting challenge.  Our tobacco runs out today and we have to wait until next Tuesday, before we can buy more.  We have plenty of pet food, sundries, coffee, gas and electric but food is becoming a bit thin on the ground.  I shall need to stretch what I have in interesting ways, in order to get by.  Should be a different way of fulfilling my New Year’s resolutions.  See ya, Pen.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glued to the Crufts Live TV in my PC too. Just can't drag myself away! Did manage between events to empty and refill the dishwasher... but that's all the housework I'll be doing today! LOL

    Oh and ran the dogs in the garden for five minutes. My Chris has also had them out for a little longer.

    We have 3 more days of this!

    For anyone wanting to watch Crufts: www.cruftslive.tv/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so much better than when it was televised...we get to watch all day, not just the highlights.

    ReplyDelete