orchid

orchid

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Next stage

Little Wendell is off to the vets in two days, for his next set of jabs.  One week after that, he will be allowed out in the wide world.  Already we are practicing lead work but I feel once Wendell gets a whiff of all those exciting smells and sights, I may find my training sabotaged.  We shall see what happens.  I hope the rain has cleared up by then.  He had a bit of a naughty day, yesterday, with much manic behaviour, nipping and jumping up.  It is difficult finding the correct level of censure.  I know he must be corrected, but he is a feisty little fellow and I don’t want to be telling him off all the time.  He is a lot calmer today, so maybe some lessons have been learned by both parties.  Once we are out, walking, he will get a chance to burn off his excess energy. At the moment, he does crazy circuits of the sitting room and kitchen, with no regard for his own safety.  I guess that is the terrier in him.  The cats just sit by with bemused expressions.  My biggest training success to date, has been teaching Wendell not to chase cats.  Porter helped by boxing Wendell’s ears a couple of times.  He is fast asleep as I type, bless.  See ya, Pen.

1 comment:

  1. ROFLOL... That's a terror - sorry Terrier - for you. He's just being a normal puppy.

    Have you got that book from the library yet? If not... email me your name and address and I'll post you my copy if you like.

    I sit here with the book beside me... I'm not using it. It's just part of my numerous books on dogs! As you know, I've read it already. It will do far more good being beside you to dip into as Wendell grows.

    ReplyDelete