Dry spice mixture
- 1 dessertspoon ground coriander
- 1 dessertspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground fenugreek seed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek leaves
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon green chilli (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red chilli
Wet spice mixture
- 4 oz creamed coconut
- 4oz tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon tamarind puree
- 1 dessertspoon honey
- 1 crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon cassia bark
- 1/2 teaspoon curry leaves
- 2 Spanish onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 cube of fresh ginger, finely chopped
- Mix together the dry spice mixture and roll 1lb cubed beef until well covered.
- Chop onions, garlic, ginger and fry for a few minutes in ghee. Add the meat and gently fry a few pieces at a time.
- Separately dissolve wet mix ingredients in warm water. Then add to the fried meat, combine and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add spice mixture and gently simmer for a few minutes more.
- Put curry in an oiled casserole dish and simmer for half an hour, stir regularly to prevent the curry from sticking.