Baked Pork Chops With Parmesan Sage Crust
1-1/2 cups Italian Flavoured Breadcrumbs
1 cup grated Fresh Parmesan Cheese
1 tablespoon Dried Rubbed Sage
1 teaspoon Cumin
1 teaspoon grated Lemon Peel
2 Large Eggs
1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
½ teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
4 Bone-in Centre-Cut Pork Loin Chops (each about 1 inch thick)
2 tablespoons Butter
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Add Italian flavoured breadcrumbs, grated fresh parmesan cheese, dried rubbed sage, cumin, and grated lemon peel in glass pie plate.
3. Stir to combine.
4. Add eggs to medium bowl, whisk with fork until well beaten.
5. Place flour in shallow bowl or on plate.
6. Season flour with salt and pepper.
7. Dredge pork chops in flour. Shake off excess flour.
8. Dip chops in breadcrumbs.
9. Add pork chops to breadcrumb mixture and roll to coat all surfaces.
10. Add butter and olive oil to heavy ovenproof skillet. Heat over medium high heat.
11. Add breaded pork chops to hot skill. Cook 2 minutes per side until well browned.
12. Place skillet in preheated oven.
13. Bake 20-25 minutes, until pork chops are crispy on the outside.